Thursday, December 9, 2010

Randomness

Today was another Go Go Go Day.  I actually forgot to eat real food until dinnertime and I never got a shower.  I did, however, make it to spin class which makes the no shower thing absolutely disgusting (you burn like 700 calories in one hour in that class).  Other than sitting down to feed Damon and sitting to drive the car, this is pretty much the first time I have sat.

There was this moment earlier where my mind wandered outside of myself and I felt like that mom you see in the movies.  I had one kid running around and screaming happily, one little sick girl sobbing non-stop, and a baby on my hip crying while I hurried to cook dinner.  I wasn't unhappy with the scene, it just felt surreal.

Just a few short years ago I was finishing up college and enjoying newly-wed life.  How quickly things go.  My life is pretty much how I expected (and wanted) it to be, and in a lot of ways better.  I had no idea we'd own a house and have such stability.  I know we are blessed. And despite the stress (there were some seriously stressful moments today), I love it (most of the time).

Here's a couple of the things I did and/or enjoyed today:
(I had to replace yesterday's pic - I knew I could do better.)
  This little guy has taken to talking.  If he's awake he's yacking, crying, or smiling.  There is no in between.  He loves to smile and based on our trip in the car to pass out Christmas treats, he loves to cry as well. As soon as I got him out of the car and into my arms he was all smiles and yells again.

 Pics can not do this kid justice.  He is just sooooo darn cute.

My friend makes these lovely cookie/suckers.  Usually I just order them from her but she just had a baby three weeks ago so I decided to give it a go this year.  The first batch was great, the second batch about killed me, but they turned out pretty cute I think.
When we went to pass them out they took several tumbles around in the box and may not look so pretty once delivered.
So I'm beyond exhausted and am off to bed.  Tomorrow is Christmas shopping....boy oh boy.

7 comments:

  1. And I might add they are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what you're saying is you stink and your kids are in the same clothes as yesterday. HAHA!! Love ya darling! Some days I don't remember to brush my teeth or get ready until Dale is on his way home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family is darling! You are so crafty and on top of things! I don't even know what we are going to take around, something bought of coarse! That little boy is so dang cute....i love that age!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so, where are my cookie pops?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those days are my favorite and least favorite. Love the goodies. They look darling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damon is so cute! Such a smiley baby!

    ReplyDelete