Monday, June 13, 2011

Snacks

I've been asked to share a few low-fat snack ideas.  In no way am I endorsing these as good for you.  Some of them I eat simply because I love them and think they are worth the points.

-Weight Watchers String Cheese (1 point).
-Kellogg's High Fiber Caramel Coconut Fudge.  These taste like the Girl Scout cookies.  They are amazing. (3 Points).  (Thanks ManDee for telling me about them).
-Weight Watchers Fudge Popscicles.  (I think these are two points now, but I'm not sure, I haven't had one recently).
-Fiber One Bars of any sort (2-3 points).
-Muffins.  Take a spice cake and a can of pumpkin pie mix.  Mix them together and bake in a muffin tin until a toothpick comes out clean at 375 degrees.  I think it takes about 40 minutes but I'm not sure.  I learned this recipe on my mission.  You can also use other cake mixes but spice cake works the best.  (2-3 points).

If anyone has any more questions, just let me know.  I'll ask around to my buddies and pass on info.  If you have any ideas to add....please do!

Those are my main snacks other than fruits and veggies.  There are more others have suggested to me recenlty and I am definately going to expand my treats. :)

2 comments:

  1. also, graham crackers are 1 pt apiece, if you're like me and really enjoy them! yoplait light yogurt cups are 3 pts, and really yummy (maybe not the healthiest yogurt, but healthier than some), frozen yogurt is 3pts per serving, you can make most baked goods with applesauce in place of the butter or oil in them, and it reduces the point value immensely as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the muffins. You can make them fattening and put in choc. chips and do cookies. I prefer the muffin and then add a banana. Yum!

    ReplyDelete