Thursday, November 10, 2011

"Where's the Tissues?"

What started out as me just getting a quick photo for my mom of how long Miss L's hair is getting, turned into fifty photos.  She was so silly and cute I just couldn't help myself. Don't worry I didn't post them all.  
This girl is so independent.  She wants little to do with me at this stage.  I remember moments when Little D was tiny and I had all three on my lap and the claustrophia would take over.  Now I beg for her to sit with me. Beg. With little result.
This girlie is sooooo funny.  Yesterday we were driving to the library after school.  She is not supposed to get into the tissue box but she has a habit of disobeying that rule.  So she hides the tissues in the leg of her pants. 
"Hey MOOOOMMMM."
"Yes, Miss L."
"Do you know where the tissues are?  Are they in my pants or in my pants?"
"Um...in your pants?"
"Yes!  That's right."
 
 "Where are the tissues? In my pants or in my shoe?"
"In your shoe?"
"No!  In my pants, you silly mom!"
 
Pretty much the same conversation goes on for awhile.  Then she starts the same conversation with Mr. M.
"Mr. M, where are the tissues? In my pants or in my hair?"
Mr. M, "In your hair?"
"No!  In my pants."
 
"Where are the tissues?"
Me, "Let me guess...in your pants!"
Miss L, "Mom!  You aren't supposed to tell him!"
Me, "Oh sorry,"  snigger, snigger.
Mr. M, "In your pants?"
"Yes!  That's right."
"Where are the tissues? In my tummy or in my belly?"
Me, "In your tummy?"
"No!"
Me, "In your belly?"
"No!"
Me, "Um...ok."
 
Sometimes I just can't win for losing. (Now that I write that family-frequently used phrase it sounds a little weird.)
As I listened to her talking and giggling I kept thinking I'm going to miss this.
 
Sassiness and all.

2 comments:

  1. Oh she is so cute! I love the sparkle in her eyes. She looks like she is full of surprises.

    ReplyDelete