Everyone has had a bunch of questions for me lately. So I'll try to answer a few.
First I'll share some pictures of our trip.
On the way there we geocached a bit.
At one part we thought the geocache was in the cemetary.
It was not but it was a rather exciting hunt.
That's me going "Whooooo!" Like a ghost...or something.
Not sure why we stopped at a cemetary first because we actually found it at a church. A pretty little church.I loved that first night. Being alone without kids. Visiting with no fighting or whining in the background. Getting to stop and geocache without worrying about someone waking up and me having to be mad at Cabe for stopping. It was fun! We were also so excited to see where we'd be living.
So questions....
1. Who stayed with your kids? We flew out my sister-in-law and our nephew to be with them. I'll do a post about this later.
2. Why was it so stressful? This is a lot of money. This is a home that has to house a lot of people because we want more children and we should be there for awhile. Making this decison was tough. I didn't want to regret the house we chose. The new homes were so tempting, but all they had going for them was that they were new. They didn't have good storage space, their location was too far from Caleb's work, and they were cookie cutter. The older homes have their own set of problems. We didn't understand the layout of the town. The traffic was terrible. It was just so overwhelming.
And then when we'd make a choice something would always go wrong. It's not as simple as just find a house you like and buy it when you have a third party company bossing you around.
Then when we chose a house and we were so excited we went to church and people were trying to talk us out of it because of the school Malachi would attend and because many of them are moving and wanted us to buy their houses. We had to pray and decided what was for our family. I visited the school and asked them blunt questions and felt that the school seemed fine to us. I also did some research online about it. The other ward members houses were gorgeous but they just didn't feel like our house like the house we chose did.
Moving is just a roller coaster and making grown-up decisions is stressful. Plain as that. I could go on and on but I'm pretty sure this answer is more than enough.
3. How did you feel about La? It was beautiful and green. It has water. It has a lot of fun things to do. It has amazing food. I love the house we are hopefully buying. Those are the pros. The other side of it is the layout is so confusing, the schools are rumored to not be as great, the traffic is horrible, and I didn't meet any swamp people. The ward is very small. This is not a pro or a con, just something new and a little nerve-wracking for me. The people seem great and we are excited to get to know them.
Something interesting is everywhere I saw the words "go" or "snow" it was spelled, "geaux" or "sneaux."
I have no idea how to speak French so I misspronounced pretty much everything. Although I think I slaughtered it less because I know Spanish. Any language knowledge helps.
Instead of counties they have parishes.
It's vastly Catholic. That will be a change for sure!
The adventure is so exciting. I'm sure there are more questions I can answer but I am actually hoping people read this so I won't go on any longer for now. :)
Merry Christmas, Everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment