My day started with a rush to get M to the bus and get dressed before the contractors showed up. All the while Miss L was following me around begging me to play princess. Which I did. Then I played blocks.
I mentioned a few days ago that we had never had a real king cake (I tried one from Wal-mart but apparently that is not good enough) to our contractor. Today he showed up with the, "Voted Best King Cake in Town!" He told the baker I had never had one and she gave him the freshest one she had. It was still warm! It was a perfect birthday present.
Then I went to storytime at the library and lunch with some friends. Then back to the house to give D a nap and let Miss L play with her buddy Jilly. Homework with M, dinner for kids, instructions for sitter, and I was outta here.Then my best buddy Holly and hubby had a night out planned for me. We ate at Guidry's Seafood. I had my first fried alligator (so good) and tons of other fatty, fried crab foods. It was a little too much crab but I'm glad I tried it.
Then we used the last half-hour of kid-free time birthday shopping for me and for M. I'm so glad I don't have to fit that in elsewhere.
It was a great birthday. I could have lived without Lil' D' hanging on my leg crying most of the day but other than that, it was wonderful!
It sounds like a wonderful day! I am so happy it was a good one for you. That king cake looks so delish! I am jealous of all the food you had. That is the one thing I miss about Louisiana is the food. Matt and I always hit up our favorite places when we go back to visit. It sounds like you are settling right in. Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good day! It sounds like you are making friends and fitting in great in Louisiana!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great day!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun day! I was actually going to make a king cake once, didn't happen, but maybe some day soon!
ReplyDelete