Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Finally...A Day With Dad!

Many of you may not know that Cabe is our ward mission leader.  When he first started out, there were four sets of young missionaries and two sets of older.  We've since lost one set of older and a set of sisters (sniff, sniff).  Still when you have six Elders who need your help, it's quite the job.  He is gone a lot.  If he's not gone, we have missionaries and investigators over here (I'm not complaining, I love having them here). We're proud of him, and he is such a great mission leader, and we support him, but sometimes we miss his cute face.

This Monday we finally had him all to ourselves.  It was fantastic.  We took full advantage of the time.  We went to Palmetto State Park. 

I have always loved pics of kids just doing what they are doing.  Here's Mr. D on the steps.  So cute in real life to watch littles going down stairs.
I love how they all looked like they were looking at me, but when I blew the pic up the big littles were faking it.   


 This spider web was HUGE!
This state park has a splash pad.  How cool is that?! 
Mr. D and Miss L did not like it.  They hated the water in their faces.  Mr. M was in heaven.   
We have a ton of random pics of Cabe standing in front of signs.  He needs them for his geocaching (I think to prove he was there) and now they are just becoming a tradition for me.  
We love living so close to so many state parks.  There's so much to do.  Although it is HOT AND HUMID, so at this particular one we were very excited to ditch the hiking trail and cool off in the water. 

We also found a McDonalds that has a playground.  The only one I have seen since moving here.  We hung out there for awhile too.  Then we came home and did a science project.  We loved our day with Dad.

1 comment:

  1. How neat! You have found some pretty cool places to visit!

    ReplyDelete