While at girl's camp the lil' guy figured out how to get out of his crib. I've moved all my kids out of a crib at different ages based on their needs. Miss L was the earliest and easiest at 14 months. I felt no need to move Mr. D out. But now I am left with no choice (well I could get a net, but I don't feel that's the right choice for us right now). It's been a long week re-teaching him how to sleep. A long week that was broken up by a hotel stay and now we are back at square one.
On the night this pic was taken above I took him with me to YW/YM (youth groups) because Daddy needed a break from the sleep-training and D's much happier in public then he is at home. He had a great time watching the big guys play basketball, which is what he was doing in the above pic. It was a short moment (with the shirt pulled up and tummy stuck out), thus the blurry photo. But I still thought it was cute. He also loved getting treats from the girls. He is definitely happiest when out and about.
The other thing Mr. D does is stand in front of the fridge and scream for hours every day. I actually put him in the fridge and tell him to show me what he wants to no avail. It's been going on for at least a month, maybe two, and it's driving me crazy. Based on some advice from a friend I've been getting out three things, setting them somewhere he can reach to have when he is done with his fit (hand him things mid-fit and he'll throw them across the room), and then letting him choose from the three things. However, now he takes the three things and mutilates all of them without eating any of them and then the fit ensues. I've tried distracting him, but he is stubborn!
If anyone has suggestions for the fridge part, let me know! I'm desperate. We can endure the sleep-training, we've been through this before, but the fridge this is new to me.
(Don't you love his fuzzy head?!)
LOVE his hair!
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm sorry the three things idea didnt work. I am at a loss.
ReplyDeleteIs he annoyed at the sound the fridge makes? Maybe it's got a high frequency thing going on. Does he shout at other fridges? Like at church? Maybe he had a nightmare that it fell on him? I love "There's a Monster in my Closet" for nightmares, great book. I think you were in heaven and said, "I like a challenge!" <3
ReplyDelete