Thursday, February 14, 2013

Getting There

We got a cheap deal on a hotel stay in Florida so we decided to check out Disney World. I had no intention of going there until the munchkins were older, but I couldn't pass up the deal. We learned so much and are excited to do it again some other time.  But before the kingdoms, comes the travel and all the things that go with it.


I'm about to go on a tangent here.  The only reason I dare write this is that I am 98% sure that Mimi no longer reads my blog and won't be seeing this.
 
The first night we arrived in Orlando was a tough one for me.  I kept thinking of Mia and her family.  I walked past the pool and I remembered a picture Mimi had posted of her feet in front of the pool.  I was instantly sick to my stomach.  Their fairytale life came to a halt at Disney World.  Their kids had just as much excitement as mine (more, I'm sure, Mr. M was the only one who showed any) and their trip ended in tragedy.  I struggled not to be overcome with grief.  Why couldn't Mia at least make it to the park?  If her life had to end early, why couldn't she at least make it to the park? 
 
I knew Mia would not want me to ruin my family's trip and I knew that I would regret it later if I did but it took a lot of will power.  My struggle is so small compared to what that family faces every day.  It is unfathomable. 
 
After a good night's sleep I did much better to keep my mind off of it.  Then when we got to the park all these cute little blondie girls in Minnie Mouse outfits would run by and my heart would sink again.  Then the person standing in line by us would tell me they were a cardiac nurse.  Then someone would walk by in a Make-a-Wish shirt.  The reminders were everywhere!  And still, my grief is nothing compared to theirs.  How do they make it through each day? My prayers are still for their comfort.
 
With that being said, I was able to enjoy myself.  It took effort to tuck it away, but I did it, for the sake of my family and my life.  I enjoyed their sweet little faces.  They bright eyes.  Their squeals of delight.
Once in Orlando we had to shuttle to the Magic Kingdom.  Mr. M was extremely excited.  He was bouncing off the walls.  It was really adorable.  Miss L claimed to be excited but she didn't show it one bit.  Mr. D was clueless but loved the new adventure. 
Cabe and I couldn't stop laughing at M's excitement.
Riding the ferry over to the Magic Kingdom. 
I realize D is just yawning in this photo...but everything he does is so cute.  I wanted to capture his cute 2-year-old face, mid-yawn. 
As always I took hundred of photos, and I don't regret one!  I love pictures.
Next post will be our arrival in the Magic Kingdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment