Saturday, September 10, 2011

Random Happenings

Miss L has been really into doing my hair lately.  I was blow drying it straight for awhile so I let her play with it a lot.  Now that it's curly again, she's having withdrawals.  Now that's her excuse for me not doing her hair, "Mom, you can't brush it, I'm wearing it curly today."

 We had a tick infestion for months.  It was horrible.  We finally have it taken I care of, I think (knock on wood).  But I was a nervous wreck.  I was constantly checking the kids hairlines and nooks and crannies.  Every speck on the wall had to be investigated.  It was driving everyone else crazy.  So Mr. M made these signs for his door, "No ticks allowed!"
 Miss L went on a playdate to her friend's house and came home with these little treasures.  We do the senses flashcards every day after M does his homework.  She feels so special having homework too.

The first week after M started kindergarten was very hard on me emotionally.  After we would walk him to school we'd come home and play for a half hour before putting Lil' D down for a nap.  We sure missed Mr. M but it was fun to focus on these little ones more too. D loves to put things in the bucket and then throw them out over and over.  How is it that at this age every little thing they do is so cute?
 Dancing:
 She had a hard adjustment the first week to M being gone but she's doing great now.  Mr. M talks a lot and I had no idea Miss L likes to talk so much too.  I'm raising a bunch of chatter-boxes.  Now I know how MY parents felt, and I apologize. Sometimes what they have to say is so adorably cute, other times I'm begging for just five minutes with no chatter.

 Last week we had light whip cream on our papaya.  It was our first experience with papaya and we didn't love the taste of it, but covering it in whip cream made it nummy!  Then I decided it was mustache time.  So all of us, except Dad the Party Pooper, sported mustaches.  Lil' D thought the whole thing was hilarious.

 Ha! I love this face!  She's such a silly.  I'm just glad she'll let me snap pics here and there.
You might notice her black eye.  In one of the children's books we read they made a cake and it included the recipe so we decided to bake the cake.  I turned on the oven light so they could watch it bake.  Mr. M rushed up and either shoved Lib's head into the stove or stood up and hit her with his head, I'm not sure which but she had a huge swollen eye and it's still black now, two weeks later.  It's slowly but surely getting better.
One night I told her to get her jammies on.  This is what she came up with: 
 Our friend had a birthday party last week and Harlin the Magician/Balloon Man was there.  He made this Tigger and I thought it was so good I had to take a pic.  Miss L got an Ariel that was also pretty good.  I'm always excited when Harlin will be at an event.
 This was so much cuter in real life but I loved that all three kids wanted to cuddle up to Daddy.  Lil' D gets jealous these days and it's rather cute. 
 It cracks me up that a year or two ago this kid hated his pic taken.  He's a big fan of it these days.  He is constantly begging me to take pics.  Sometimes I have to tell him that I want to just enjoy some moments without a camera stuck to my face.

It's been a busy, exhausting, exciting, and fun couple of weeks.  I am so pooped at the end of the day with all the running kids here and there and doing all the many things a mom/wife does. I remember when we were in college a lady said to us, "You don't know what busy is."  Considering I had just finished a semester where Cabe and I were taking 22 and 21 credit hours respectively and working full-time, I thought she was crazy.  We were busy, but not the same kind of busy.  These are peoples' lives in your hands.  There is so much more to worry about.  So many more people who are effected by your decisions.  I remember being tired in college (especially the sememster I was pregnant) but again, it was nothing compared to the exhaustion I feel at the end of the day.  And I only have three kids right now!  It only gets crazier from here.

1 comment:

  1. i totally know what you mean. Matt and I had that conversation last night, how it's really all relative....people in college think they have stuff to stess about, but looking back that really was one of the most stress free times EVER!! Kids change everything....of course for the better.

    I have internet now, and can't wait to keep up on all your fun posts. Your kids are getting so big, and they are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete