Wednesday, March 16, 2011

3rd Go-Round

This third go-round has been very interesting for me.  I feel like I've learned more in the last six months than I have in years. 

1. I feel a lot less like I'm playing house and a lot older and more experienced all of a sudden (I think I'm looking for the word established.  I can't explain it, it's just how it is for me. I was always impressed by people with four or more but never thought about people with three. 
2. I am much, much busier. I've really had to start being more organized (and I know it only gets busier from here).
3.  I rarely (I'd say never but there are still some people whose parenting shocks and astounds me) judge other people and their parenting.  I do not live with their particular kids (or their spouses) every day and I do not know what's best for someone else's children.  I find myself standing up for people I used to get irritated at. 
4. Every child really is different and I will never have this all figured out. I knew this before but it becomes more and more clear to me every day.
5. Watching older kids grow and interact with the younger ones is very rewarding and special. I'm excited to see what the future holds for these little people.

This list could go on and on.

I'm grateful for this crazy thing I call a life....even if some days I feel like I'm on the brink of insanity.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what to say other than I like this post. It is interesting what you figure out as you have more kids and they get older.

    ReplyDelete