At church on Sunday a guy shared a story that really hit home for me. He said back when Candid Camera was a hit show he watched an episode where a candy store posted a sign that said, "No change given." When people were told they would not be given any change most would start hollering and yelling.
At one point a young man came in. He was tall and lanky with baggy clothes and a Yankee's baseball cap on sideways. He handed the teller his money and waited for his change. The teller then pointed to the sign and read it aloud. The young guy just shrugged and and turned to walk away. The teller called after him, "Hey! Doesn't it bother you that we don't give change?" The young man turned back and said something like, "Nope. I don't let things bother me. I don't let others rent space in my brain." And he walked off.
What a great example of how we all should be. Getting upset about something is a choice. We choose to be offended, we choose to be upset, we choose to let things get to us. I want to choose not to. I'm going to try harder to just let it all go.
I love this!! Wow, your post really hits me! I love what he said "I don't let others rent space in my brain." I want to be more like that. We totally have the choice on how we choose to be, thank you for that important reminder!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing that! That is something I think all of us can work on.
ReplyDelete