Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Little Guy

For the longest time I have thought Little D looked like a lighter version of my dad.  I was walking through the grocery store last week and a guy turned the corner, "Holy cow!  That baby looks just like Mark S.!"  I wholeheartedly agree. I'll try to get a photo of my Dad as a kid to scan when I get home.
I know I've mentioned over and over again just how amazing this kid is, but he really is.  He is so fun. And his smile is to die for.  Here's his belated 9 mo. post.
D thinks he is the funniest thing ever.  He walks around clapping and laughing at himself all the time.  People (strangers) are always saying, "Man, is he pleased with himself."
He started walking at 9.5 months and by now (10.5 mo) he's amazingly good at it. 
He loves stairs.
He loves to point.
He moos (well, it doesn't sound much like a moo but that's what he's trying to do) and quacks.
He'll climb up on and stand on anything and everything....his favorite being the dishwasher drawer.
I coaxed him to point to a pic of Jesus and say it.  He's only done it once, but it was really cute.
He dances by bouncing his knees and grinning ear to ear.
He loves for me to bounce him and dance around holding him.  He'll giggle and smile.
He loves cousing Saige to spin him in circles and then have him walk.
He likes to hide behind an obstacle and stick his cute little face out around it to catch your eye.

Grandma and I spend hours clapping at and yelling, "Yay Damon!" because it makes him run, smile, giggle, and trip. 

Does he have to grow up???

3 comments:

  1. What a cutie-patootie! He sounds like such a fun baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9 mos is when I really start enjoying my babies. He sounds like a keeper for sure. I want to see the look alike picture when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He sounds like so much fun! I don't want Carson to grow up, but all those little milestones are definitely fun. I can't believe he walked so early. My kids never walk until 15,16,17 months. They aren't even crawling until 11 months or so.

    ReplyDelete