We've been getting a lot of rain (big surprise, eh?) The kids are ecstatic about the puddles. Apparently even fairies love puddles. And little boys who are supposed to be changed out of their school uniform.
And a little baby boy who wants to do all that his siblings do. "What for me!"
I wanted to get a pic to replace the one at the top of the blog. A good friend suggested that the one above no longer applied. I need to get them out of the boots and into Mardi Gras beads. That may happen but I think the boots represent as well.
I may use this for the top...maybe....
We have two rules after school. First, do your homework. Second, change out of your uniform. When we came in from puddle playing I reminded him to go change but apparently the remind wasn't strong enough. He went out back and rode his bike and this was the result:
I had torn the tags of this shirt that morning. He hid it in the laundry basket but Miss Lib tattled. It's a good thing though because when I found it in the basket later that night I was unprepared for the extent of it. At least I'd had some notice of what was coming.
Here's the Princess herself. She spends hours every day combing her hair and mine. Hours. I haven't figured out how to tame my hair in this climate yet so I just let her go to town it's frizzy and wild no m atter what.
"Oh mom, you look so pretty. Your hair is so soft and silky and beautiful. I love you." I get compliments all day long. I can never get enough of that!
Oh yes, I don't miss all of the Louisiana rain! At least your kiddos have some rain boots now. The cowboy boots certainly wouldn't have lasted very long out there! (haha) It looks like life is good for you down in bayou country. I am loving all of the posts!
ReplyDeleteSo much fun! I miss the south, but love the north. My hair did crazy things all the time. I found that I had to use John Frieda's leave in conditioner daily! I also only washed my hair every 3 days and it was so much better. I know that sounds disgusting that my hair wasn't washed that often, but it calmed the friz and I could actually do my hair.
ReplyDeleteThe kids must be in heaven with all that rain!! Puddles are indeed the best thing ever created! I love all the little rain boots.
ReplyDelete