Mr. M and his teacher Miss B
Mr. M to me, "Mom, did you know your nervous system sends a message to your arms to make them bend, and your circulatory system pumps the blood through your body, blah blah blah, etc. etc. etc."
He's in first grade! I was impressed they are teaching them these things. He had about twenty facts he was just spilling out about all sorts of things. He also comes home each day and tells me who got in trouble for what, who did really well, and exactly what my homework is, "Mom, you need to sign two papers and send them back, the other paper is to keep at home, they are about, blah blah blah, etc. etc. etc."
He's like a tape recorder. Word for word I know what his teacher said.
This is the same kid who can't remember to get dressed in the morning without a reminder about every. little. thing. He gets so distracted from step A to step B.
I was discussing this with my mother-in-law. She always tells me C is an absent-minded professor and as a kid his nickname was Bubble Brain.
They are also very literal. The other night I told Mr. M to push the garbage can over (I wanted to scrape pumpkin insides into it). He looked at me like I was crazy. I re-emphasized, "M, push the garbage can over." He looked at me again like I had lost my marbles. Frustrated, I finally walked over and grabbed onto it and started dragging it across the room and said, "I wanted you to push it over here." I can't remember now what he said, but it came to me that he thought I meant to literally push it over.
Again I am telling my mother-in-law this story that night and come to find out, they had the exact situation with C when he was a kid. Except he finally just toppled that can right over. Mom had said to push it over for crying out loud.
Cabe and M's minds work much the same. It's really kind of fun to watch (and aggravating at times). I wish I could offer more glimpses onto the life of living with two Bubble Brains but I can hardly remember ANYTHING, so we are out of luck.
What a cute little smartie! He has gotten so big and he looks so grown up. I loved the trash can story. So funny.
ReplyDeleteI laughed at the trash story and had to share it with Kerri. It made him laugh too :-)
ReplyDelete